Baking soda is a natural, effective way to clean a mattress. Here’s how to do it.
Checkout this video:
A clean mattress is important for a good night’s sleep, and baking soda is a natural way to clean and deodorize your mattress. Baking soda will absorb any moisture and eliminate any smells from your mattress. It is also a gentle cleaner that will not damage the fabric of your mattress.
To clean your mattress with baking soda, you will need:
-Towel or cloth
Follow these steps to clean your mattress with baking soda:
What You’ll Need
-1/2 cup baking soda
-Vacuum with attachment
1. Vacuum your mattress thoroughly to remove any everyday dirt and dust. Use the vacuum attachment to get into the nooks and crannies of the mattress. If you don’t have a vacuum with an attachment, you can use a hand held vacuum.
2. Mix the baking soda with just enough water to make a paste. You don’t want it to be too runny.
3. Spread the paste over the entire mattress, using your hands to work it into any creases or folds.
4. Let the paste sit on the mattress for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if possible.
5. Vacuum the mattress again to remove the dried paste and any lingering dust or dirt particles.
Here are the basic steps for how to clean a mattress with baking soda:
1. Vacuum the mattress to remove any large debris.
2. Spot-clean any stains with a diluted vinegar solution.
3. Sprinkle the entire mattress with baking soda.
4. Let the baking soda sit for several hours to absorb any remaining moisture and odors.
5. Vacuum the mattress again to remove the baking soda.
Once you’ve vacuumed, sprinkle baking soda over the entire mattress and let it sit for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for really tough odors. If you can let it sit in direct sunlight, that will help disinfect and freshen the mattress even more. Just be sure to vacuum again before using the mattress.