A step by step guide on how to clean your dirty, dingy white sneakers using baking soda – and making them look good as new!
Checkout this video:
Are your once-bright white sneakers looking a little dull? You can get them sparkling clean with this simple cleaning hack using baking soda. Watch the video below to see how it’s done!
What You Will Need
-1/2 cup baking soda
-A clean, dry toothbrush
-A clean, dry cloth
1. Take your shoes and laces out of the shoe. Mix one part baking soda with two parts water in a bowl large enough to dip your shoes in.
2. Soak your shoes in the mixture for at least 30 minutes. The longer they soak, the better.
3. Take a toothbrush, and scrub your shoes all over, paying close attention to the dirty areas. Rinse your shoes off with clean water when you’re done scrubbing.
4. Let your shoes air dry completely before putting them back on.
Follow these simple steps to clean your white sneakers with baking soda:
1. Remove the laces from your shoes and soak them in a basin of warm water and a little bit of dish soap.
2. Make a paste with baking soda and water and use it to scrub away any dirt or stains on your shoes.
3. Rinse the shoes with clean water and let them air dry.
4. Once they are dry, relace your shoes and enjoy their new clean look!
learning how to clean white sneakers with baking soda is a cost effective and eco-friendly way to keep your shoes looking their best. Vinegar is another natural cleaning agent that can be used to remove dirt and stains from sneakers. To clean your sneakers with vinegar, simply mix equal parts water and vinegar in a bowl.soak a cloth in the mixture and then use it to wipe down your shoes. You can also add a few drops of vinegar to a spray bottle filled with water and use this to spot clean your shoes as needed.
The Final Result
Once you have scrubbed your shoes with the baking soda mixture, rinse them off with clean water. You may need to use a toothbrush or other soft-bristled brush to remove any remaining dirt or debris. Allow your shoes to air dry completely before wearing them again.
Your shoes should now be clean and white! If you are not satisfied with the results, you can repeating the cleaning process as necessary.