Find out how to microwave a baking potato in just 5 easy steps! You’ll have a delicious, fluffy potato in no time!
Checkout this video:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Prick potatoes several times with a fork.
3. Rub potatoes with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender.
5. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and serve with desired toppings.
Cut potato in half length-wise.
If you’re in a hurry and want to cook a potato quickly, the microwave is a great option. Just follow these five easy steps and you’ll have a hot, delicious potato in no time!
1. Cut potato in half length-wise.
2. Place potato halves cut-side down on a microwave-safe plate.
3. Cook on high for 4 minutes.
4. Turn potatoes over and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
5. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Place potato halves on a baking sheet, cut-side up.
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Cut your potatoes in half, lengthwise.
3. Place the potato halves on a baking sheet, cut-side up.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
For an evenly cooked potato, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the potatoes into even pieces no larger than 1 1/2 inches. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Cut a slit in the top of each potato and fluff pulp with a fork before serving.
Serve with your favorite toppings.
Baked potatoes are the perfect side dish to pretty much any meal, and they’re especially enjoyable in the colder months. While you can bake a potato in the oven, it’s much faster to cook it in the microwave. Check out this quick and easy guide for how to microwave a baking potato.
One large baking potato will take about five minutes to cook in the microwave. First, scrub your potato under running water to remove any dirt or debris. Next, pierce the skin of the potato several times with a fork. This will allow steam to escape as the potato cooks and prevent it from exploding.
Place the potato on a microwave-safe plate and cook on high power for five minutes. If your potato is not cooked through after five minutes, continue cooking it in one-minute increments until done. Let the potato cool for a few minutes before handling, as it will be very hot.
When your potato is cooked, cut it open and top with your favorite toppings such as butter, sour cream, cheese, or chives. Enjoy!